Week number 7 of meditation!

This will be my final meditation post! I have learned a lot about myself through meditation. Let me share what I am comfortable revealing.

First off meditation can be a roller coaster! Some days it caused my heart rate to increase from 72bpm to 112bpm (all measurements taken from/by my fitbit watch). and other sessions I saw a decrease in heart rate. Meditation either amplified what ever I was feeling that moment or dampen what ever I was feeling, I don’t know if that was just the amount of will power that day or my stress levels.

Meditating early in the morning was a dangerous move for me! I am happy I have alarms set for when my classes start because there was a couple mornings I fell asleep while meditating and woke up almost late for my first class!

My perception of time feels broken! I have had 5minute meditation sessions that felt eternal and 10 minute ones that felt like a blink of the eyes.

What I did concretely learn was that meditation was a good way for me transition activities. Especially when I wasn’t looking forward to my next task. Once I meditated I always felt more accepting of what was about to come!

I also learned that I have no best position to meditate in. Somedays the sitting on the couch or chair felt best and other days it was laying on the floor eyes on the ceiling.

Tomorrow I will be posting a video of my meditating!

Thank you for following my Free Inquiry Project on meditation.

I hope you all enjoyed.

Till who knows when,

IROSS